Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Coach Victoria leads Quest for Your Authentic Leader

TRUE LIFE COACHING OFFERS LEADERSHIP RETREAT WITH MINI VISION QUEST

What a thrill to see a vision that began nearly 20 years ago when I did my first Vision Quest happen! It goes to show that we don't necessarily know how or when our vision will become real -- but if we hold it and nurture it and it aligns with our purpose, there's a really good chance it will happen!
In the mountains of northwest New Mexico near Taos - which is one of the most beautiful areas of the southern Rockies - I led the Quest for Your Authentic Leader Retreat in late July. It was held at Vallecitos Mountain Refuge, a non-profit meditation center dedicated to bringing more mindfulness to the planet. I discovered this awesome place, just 3 hours from my front door, last October and took a mini-adventure there to see if it fit the criteria I needed for my retreat.

Well, I instantly fell in love with the place - it has all the unique and beautiful characteristics I look for in a sanctuary: gorgeous meadows of wildflowers, lots of pine and aspen forests, comfortable lodging in cabins and yurts, a river running through it... the list goes on! So, trusting Spirit would send the right women - I booked it!
And I have to say - Spirit sent not just the right women but the most wonderful women I could imagine. Women ready to look at their own vision of leadership. Women who were generous and caring and held each other with so much compassion. Women who walked to the edge with each other and themselves - for the sake of their dreams of what life on this planet can be for everyone. And here they are!

We ate the most delicious vegetarian food, hiked the meadows, danced our authentic selves and created art that represented who we are as Leaders.

Here are a few comments from the participants:

"I learned much more deeply how my life has shaped the gifts, talents and skills that I can use to realize my vision."

"The purification ceremony before our Quests was very moving for me. To see each woman get in the river and say out loud what she was intentionally leaving behind that no longer served her, had me saying to myself 'Yeah!' I'm leaving that behind too!"

"As a leader, I found the 'What Stops You?' exercise powerful and enlightening. I noticed the payoff I get from stopping doesn't make up for what I'm losing out on by stopping myself."

Each woman set an intention and had a whole day on her Quest to sit in her discovered spot on the land, being with herself and the wonders of nature. Upon returning we had a night of ritual sharing about their Quests and what wisdom they returned with 'for the people'. Sitting in the lamplight watching each woman describe her experience and her learning will be something I will hold in my heart for a long, long time. I am so proud of their willingness to be vulnerable and the strength they gained from doing it.

So What about your Leadership? Do you lead authentically? What themes and patterns from your life inform who you are as a leader today? What gets in the way? What would you like to see grow in yourself this year around being the Leader you were born to be?


Contact me if you want to talk about your answers to these
questions. While the next Leadership Quest won't be until next year, you don't have to wait to find your Authentic Leader. I am available for coaching or custom retreats to support your journey.
To your True Life,
Coach Victoria
P.S. If you haven't gotten your share of learning and fun this summer, there are still a few spaces on my BEING IN THE FLOW River Rafting Retreat, September 4-8 out of Grand Junction, CO. Call now to save your spot on the river!!
(970)259-9040

No comments: