Monday, July 14, 2008

Retreat with Folks You'd Most Love to Learn with and Play With!

Coach Helene sets the stage by regularly offering this kind of high-level learning/adventure/fun retreating. Whether it is a training for Retreat Coaches or a journey of discovery while splashing down the wilds of a Colorado river, she is always cooking up retreats that stretch she and her participants into new territory.

This brings up a recent experience on this front that I've had. While I am a huge advocate of taking time on personal retreat (see my free ebook Crafting a Personal Retreat), I do not see that exclusive of retreating with others. I love facilitating Self-Care Retreats and I love being a participant. In my mind - the more retreating the better, as it positively impacts all areas of my life.

On to my recent adventure ...

Imagine a small cluster of old cabins deep in the Colorado Rockies. There are natural hots springs to be visited day or evening. There is a momma bear and her cubs high in the trees just down a mountain trail. As a compliment to the natural beauty there is a small group of people from across the country who have gathered to tap into the wisdom of a favorite mentor, Mark Victor Hansen, to learn from one another, inspire each other, and play together. If you can imagine all this magic rolled up in four days you will find yourself peeking at my recent retreat adventure. And it doesn't stop there. My next retreat will be a day of play and brainstorming with my beloved MasterMind Group in Asheville, NC. I say, let the retreats flow!

Any day, any moment we can craft a retreat that serves us just right. We can design time alone, sign up for a retreat with a Certified Retreat Coach, or gather with people we admire and adore to blow the roof off our creativity play and learning. There are no limits, only perceived limits!

* Don't have time? Begin with a mini-retreat of a few hours.
* No money? A retreat can be a picnic in the mountains, a quiet spell at a park, or a special time with friends in your home.
* Feel too worn out to plan something? I think that would be a sure-fire sign a retreat is a must!

The question isn't, Should you take a retreat? More importantly and way more fun, the question is, When and where will your next retreat be?

Corrie Woods
www.womansfieldguide.com

No comments: