Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Retreating, and Opening, In Relationships


Relationships, I find, provide the richest material for personal growth and evolution. They test us, inspire us, drive us crazy, and ultimately, everything in life boils down to relationships of one kind or another.

This Summer I experienced one of the biggest tests of relationship, as I went through a heartbreaking "divorce" (we weren't married legally and it sure felt like a divorce!!) It was his decision, and while it was very painful, now many months later I can see it's a darn good thing! The best part is I have been provided with a rich plethora of material that is influencing my work in a very positive way.

And it led me to retreat, where for 3 days I immersed myself in yoga, meditation and kirtan chanting. Ahh, it was bliss! Reconnecting to the value and power of retreat was a gift, and it got me thinking.

What are the ways in which we retreat, and open, in relationship? When we retreat is it a good thing, or not? Gay and Kathleen Hendricks talk a lot about the natural separation and coming together that occurs in a healthy relationship-in this context, retreating would be a good thing.

Many habits and ingrained behaviours can cause unhealthy, and sometimes co-dependant dynamics in our relationships. Are you ready to take a break, a retreat, from all that? Are you ready to learn new ways and find joy in your relationships?

I invite you to take part in a 6 week tele-series "Loving Ourselves While Loving Others". Take a break from trying to figure it all out yourself, and step into a new way of doing things.
This series will meet 1x a week, for 1-1/2 hrs, starting Nov 3rd and going till Dec 6th , 2009 at 4PM MST (just in time for the holidays and being with the family!). This interactive, exploratory, revealing and inspiring experience will provide you with tools for better communication, taking self responsibility, and shifting to a healthy, co-creative dynamic with your loved ones, and all those you relate to. Each week you will be invited to take retreat, as you explore Loving Yourself While Loving Others.


No comments: