Friday, November 16, 2007



My First Year as
Coach Diane









September 2006 was the launch of my dream to become a retreat coach. In the Summer of 2006, I ran across Helene's website. I had resurrected my "retreat" dream earlier that year, but found this opportunity quite by accident. Two days after having major surgery, I started my retreat coach tele class and made plans to hold my first retreat. I suddenly realized why I had spent years collecting "tools" and as I learned from Helene and my new network, found the motivation to compile and organize all my resources. I held my first retreat on November 12, 2006, with an advisory board of beautiful and powerful women. One year later, I held my one year celebratory, gratitude retreat with the same group of fabulous women.
In between those two momentous dates, I created a place within myself that nurtures the space for women to retreat. The list of my accomplishments includes very concrete activities such as writing a business plan, implementing a business system (banking, savings, etc), printing business cards, designing and writing newsletters, creating electronic resource files, and organizing a variety of tool kits. I also had to learn to work creatively and collaboratively with my husband to design a website that is both simple and beautiful.
The activities which have sustained, nurtured and helped me grow, though, are much more difficult to describe and define. In February at the in-person training, I created a manifestation board that is so close to my heart, I can look at it on any one day and see my life. I started a business journal, which contains the most creative ideas I have ever had and that pour out of my soul onto the paper as easily as water slips down a mountain stream. I can not wait to get home every day and check my email for the retreat coach group emails because I know that each and every one will bring new inspiration. The opportunities to see and experience the immediate world around me have increased exponentially because I am paying attention. And because I am paying attention, I have tried things I would not have thought possible before this (see the picture of me, completely afraid of heights, on top of a fire tower in Wyoming). Eight retreats have been born and each one is a gift from me.... to me.
When I look at the last 18 months, I am overwhelmed by how this has changed from a dream to reality. At my final retreat for 2007, my retreatants described it best for me:
  • Reflection: I have taken the opportunity to experience personal growth and mastery
  • Relaxation: I CAN and WILL incorporate peace and rest into my life
  • Discovery: I love staying open to the universe, because it always delivers
  • Freedom: I am continuing to evolve into the woman I am becoming

And so.......

I am Diane. I am a woman who is living my breathing patterns.I am a woman gathering continuous , connected circles.This circle has no position and no rank.This circle has relationship and certainty.This is a circle. It is more than a shape. It is a sacred space.We are connected and I am connected to you.

Coach Diane @ Breathing Patterns Coaching and Retreats

http://breathingpatterns.com

No comments: