Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Kaleidoscope for Self-Care on Retreat


As another Savvy Savory Self-Care Weekend Retreat (see details below) approaches I am thrilled with the opportunity to be in community with women who are hungry for greater self-care in their lives. Too, I love the reminder in my own life that I can jump into something I am passionate about with both feet (planning and facilitating such a magical gathering) and practice my own self-care along the way.

Hey, I am just like every one else ... my attention to a steady, intentional self-care practice ebbs and flows. I walk my talk by embracing fabulous self-care at most every turn, and I admit sometimes I look up to find life swirling around me wondering how I missed the self-care clues. The difference for me now is that I catch it early and can more easily come back to it.

That is some of what we look at while on a self-care retreat together.As a connected community
we support one another in asking powerful questions like ...

  • What are the clues (the red flags) that pop up indicating we need to take better care of ourselves?
  • What are the barriers that get in the way of practicing great self-care? (like - "That would be selfish")
We go on to create a feast of ideas for yummy self-care and ideas for lots of strong support.

Am I wildly passionate about this? Yes, I say with a big grin on my face. I believe getting really good at taking fabulous care of oneself is life changing - and tons of fun!

Beyond the topic of a self-care retreat ...
Here is a revelation for me that has come from seeing a transformation happen over and over to women (and I imagine men) on retreat ... In truth, the magic begins to happen as soon as a woman says, "Yes, I want to go on retreat!" That act of showing up for oneself and choosing sacred time just for oneself begins moving mountains. Amazing and surprising and wondrous inspirations begin to unfold. Read about any of the incredible retreats shared in this forum and you see what I am talking about!


So, back to The Savvy Savory Self-Care Retreat - I am excited to share the details:
  • When and where: November 16 - 18, 2007 at The Bend of Ivy Lodge in the gorgeous western NC mountains.
  • Size: Limit - 18 women
  • Self-Care Investment: $375 covers lodging, meals and materials
Envision fabulous meals, lots of fun, time to rest and relax and wander the forest ... and exercises, experiences, tools, and support to help participants get real and get excited about enhanced self-care.

Want to learn more? You are invited to check out www.womansfieldguide.com

No comments: